Costs and Dates
- travel costs to the host country and back (you will be in charge of booking your own flight)
- registration and seminar fees (preparation and evaluation) for the ijgd amounts to 100 EUR. These costs entail the participation - including accommodation and catering- of the preparation seminar as well as the evaluation seminar. Travel expenses to and from the seminar are to be carried by the participants themselves. Applications for a MTV will only be processed once the 100 EUR transfer has arrived in our bank account. Bank details: ijgd-Berlin, Bank für Sozialwirtschaft Berlin, account number: 31 175 00, bank code: 100 205 00, BIC: BFSWDE33BER, IBAN: DE94100205000003117500, reason for payment: Seminargebühr MTV, first and surname.
- the ijgd's commission totaling 450 EUR. We will send you the invoice for this commission once we have passed on your volunteer exchange form to the partner organisation.
- a fee to the partner organisation covering administration, lodging, catering and assistance during the MTV. (This fee will be paid to the partner organisation on site. The amount varies from one partner organisation to the other and can be found in the respective programmes. The amount valid at the time of departure is to be paid.)
- possibly the costs for vaccinations, visa, travel insurance (health insurance, accident insurance, liability insurance, baggage insurance).
- travel costs to the seminars.
It is sometimes possible for students to apply for funding of a voluntary service abroad as part of a studies related internship abroad in line with the PROMOS-Programmes. For more information concerning this, contact the responsible international office of your university.
If you want to participate in the MTV program in Africa, Asia, Latin America, you have to attend a preparation seminar. Please enter in the online application form to one of the three preparatory seminar schedule! If no space is available in the preparatory seminar of your choice, we will contact you asap.
Seminar Schedule 2015
Preparation Seminar I : 03 - 06 April 2015 (Easter)
Deadline for applications: 16th March 2015
Preparation Seminar II : 02 - 05 July 2015 (summer)
Closing date: 15th June 2015
Preparation Seminar III: October 29th - November 1st 2015 (Fall )
Closing date: 12th October 2015
Follow-up Seminar: 30th October- November 1st 2015
The seminars will take place in the region of Göttingen and Kassel, Hesse.